Thursday, April 10, 2008

Interruption! I Quit.

Allow me to interrupt the story for a second. I'm too stressed to deal with any of that today. I'm up to my neck in this CD, schoolwork, and life generally. A bunch has happened recently for all three - some of the things really exciting while others are just some shit. The CD is one song away from done. Everything is recorded (and has been for at least 2 weeks) and we have one last beat to master down and we have our final copies. Thats great news, but this whole last week has been stressful mixing and mastering vocals with Jake (Vocal mastering engineer) and Brian (Beatmaker/beat mastering engineer) in the studio and I'm so tired of it. Its so much stress cause I'm already up to my balls in (5) papers for class. I wish I had three separate weeks to do everything I need to do next week. And on top of all of this some major, major, major drama comes around...ya just cause I need more shit to stress about. But I have a solution...

This weekend I'm leaving. I quit. This weekend I quit school, I quit music, I quit drama. Tomorrow I'm going to drive one way or the other from here in Nashville and find a campsite and camp this weekend. I'm turning my phone off. I'm turning my laptop off. I'm going away until Sunday. 

AND YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE SUCKS (Sorry to go back to this but it just hit me again) I'M BROKE AT THIS POINT!!!! 75 Dollars for bumper stickers for promo, Brian put in the same money, 550 from each of us for CD Pressing (total of $1,100) AND we don't even get money for selling 100 of those CDs because we are sending them to God knows how many radio stations (Ok, like 80) and magazines (40-ish?) that want a copy. Ok but back to my solution...

So ya, just checked the weather and its gonna be beautiful Saturday, so I'm gonna head out east I think to go camping at Rock Island State Park or somewheres around there for Friday night. It sounds relaxing...so I'm gonna do it...alone.

On that positive note, I'm out.

I wanna do something. Something that doesn't require money...that I don't have.

Be good.

Tre Houston

No comments: