Sunday, August 10, 2008

Its Been a Month and a Day and I Guarantee to You I've Been Busy

Man oh man...it's been a while and a lot has happened since I last posted.

Probably most importantly, I was reviewed by mega-rap-reviews site www.rapreviews.com! A big shout out to them for the recognition and the constructive criticism. I've already taken it to heart. Other news...

I received a great promotional piece on PoeticsNoire.com thanks to the always wonderful Britany Rickett. Thank you very much to her for the kind words.

The rough version of the next CD (running under two tentative titles that I am going back and forth between - "_ _ _ _ An Image" and "Open Your Mind") has been completely written. While I was vacationing in the Caribbean inspiration flowed from everywhere and I managed to round out over 20 complete songs. I plan to continue writing, replacing, revising, and cutting until I have a CD of around 16 tracks (a bit longer than my previous two works). Also for this CD (which I'll just call "Open Your Mind" for now...because that's the title I like today) I have been working very closely with Houston musician Josh Lo on developing the sound I want for the next album. I will also be working with numerous producers and musicians that I will confirm within a month or so.

I will also be releasing a short free mixtape called "My People's Tape" or something along those lines. It will have between 6 and 10 songs including a few old songs and a few brand new ones made specifically for this CD. As soon as this mixtape is done I will be putting it up on my website as well as distributing it to many free mixtape websites so watch for that.

The music video is still underway and is still probably coming out around the end of September, God willing everything goes according to plan.

I am working on a series of photo shoots, some of which will happen in Houston while others will occur in Nashville. Check here for updates on that as well as on facebook and my main site.

One or two magazine/website reviews are still expected so I will keep yall up to date on that.


And me? I've been good. A bit stressed because there appears to be a small legal issue with the label that I hope to have resolved by the end of August so I can bring my attention back to the music, the video, and other endeavors. I've been watching a lot of the Olympics, supporting all of the US teams to the fullest. Today I had the joy of watching the US relay swimming team make the French competition eat their own fucking words. It was amazing.

I'll post up new stuff soon. I move back to Nashville on the 21st so after that I should be back to more music and more posts here.

Be good everyone.

Tre

No comments: